Call for Papers
You are encouraged to submit a full paper of at least 4 pages with a maximum of 10 pages, on the following topics:
- Multi-engineering modeling and simulation with free and commercial Modelica libraries (mechanics, electrical, hydraulics, thermal, fluid, media, chemical, building, automotive, aircraft, …)
- Automotive applications
- Thermodynamic and energy systems applications
- Mechatronics and robotics applications
- Medicine and biology applications
- Other industrial applications, such as electric drives, power systems, aerospace, etc.
- Large-scale system modelling
- Real-time and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Simulation and code generation for embedded control systems
- Simulation acceleration by use of many CPU cores or GPU cores
- Applications of Modelica for optimization and optimal control
- Modelica modeling, simulation and design tools
- Symbolic algorithms and numerical methods for model transformation and simulation
- Discrete modeling techniques − FEM, CFD, DEM (Discrete Element Method), …
- New features of the Modelica language and of FMI
- Experimental language designs and implementations related to Modelica
- Modelica in other application areas (mathematical programming, databases etc.)
- Modelica for teaching and education
- FMI in Modelica and non-Modelica applications and tools
The full paper in PDF format should be submitted through the EasyChair Conference Management System. Please see the Authors’ Guide for further information.
The conference proceedings will be published by the Modelica Association on its website and by Linköping University Electronic Press.
Each paper will be individually referenced by a DOI.
The authors of the 10% top papers submitted to the conference will be invited to submit an extended version after the conference, for inclusion in a special issue of an open-access, ISI-referenced journal. Please note that the extended papers will undergo a full peer-review process which is independent from the one of the Modelica Conference.
Call for Libraries
You are encouraged to submit a free Modelica application library in Modelica source code form.
The library should be sent to the program chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provided under the 3-clause BSD License for the Modelica Association.
Please submit also a corresponding paper to the conference.
If the paper gets accepted, you can present your library at the conference and you can compete for the library award.
The best and the second best application libraries will be awarded with awards of EUR 500 and EUR 250 respectively.
With the exception of members from organizations that decide on the library award, everyone can apply for this award.
Libraries are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- How useful is the library for the Modelica community, especially for industrial applications?
- Basic design principle of the library (e.g. physical components are modeled in a declarative way and there are no un-physical restrictions how components can be connected together).
- Completeness and extent of the library (small or large library, examples).
- Usage of the library (component documentation, users guide, parameter menus, etc.)
Accepted libraries will be included on the conference stick and linked from the Modelica web site.
Call for Industrial User Presentations
You are encouraged to submit an extended abstract of 1-2 pages, related to one of the existing or possibly new Modelica Association Projects:
- LANG - Modelica Language
- LIB - Modelica Libraries
- FMI - Functional Mockup Interface (doubles as the FMI user meeting)
- SSP - System Structure and Parameterization of Components for Virtual System Design
- DCP - Distributed Co-Simulation Protocol
The extended abstract in PDF format should be submitted through the EasyChair Conference Management System.
The abstracts will be peer-reviewed by experts, but no papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Please note that purely tool-related presentations are not permitted for these application-oriented presentations, they should be covered by vendor presentations.